Pain Management at Health and Fitness Professionals:
A pain management specialist is a doctor whose expertise is in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of pain. Treating a wide variety of pain problems,such as acute (which comes on suddenly, often following a sports injury or other trauma),chronic or persistent pain(that carries on for longer than 12 weeks), our providers ensure each patient is given a specific care plan unique to their functional and daily activity.
What To Expect On Your First Visit:
On the first visit, our pain management doctor will ask you questions about your pain symptoms. He or she may also look at your past records, your medication list, and prior diagnostic studies (X-ray, MRI, CT). It helps if you bring any prior, available studies (X-rays, CT scans, MRIs). The doctor will perform a thorough physical exam
Common things your doctor may ask on the first visit:
- Where is your pain? (what body part)
- What does your pain feel like? (dull, aching, tingling)
- How often do you feel pain? (how often during the day or night)
- When do you feel the pain? (with exercise or at rest)
- Setting for the pain? (is it worse standing, sitting, laying down)
- What makes your pain better? (does a certain medication help)
- Have you noticed any other symptom when you have your pain? (like loss of bowel or bladder control)
We here at Health and Fitness Professionals work hand in hand with our doctors to guarantee fast and effective results.