What is the most common cause of Elbow Pain?
Elbow pain is a common issue resulting from overuse, injury to muscles, tendons, ligaments, or bones, which can affect your ability to perform Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Some common causes include fractures, throwing injuries, tendinitis, Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow, sprains/strains, and dislocations. Symptoms can include pain, swelling, stiffness, difficulty gripping/grasping, and numbness/tingling.
How Health and Fitness Professionals Can Help:
Our Occupational Therapists and/or Physical Therapists can evaluate your symptoms to determine the source of pain and create a plan of care for treatment. During the evaluation, our experienced providers will assess factors such as how the elbow pain started, alleviating/aggravating factors, range of motion, strength, location of pain, and perform orthopedic testing. Additional testing such as X-Ray, MRI, or pain management referral may also be recommended.
Our experienced providers will use this information to guide their evaluation and determine the best course of treatment. The treatment options we offer include:
- Custom Splinting: Our Occupational Therapists can create custom splints that support the affected area, which can reduce elbow pain and promote healing.
- Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy: Our therapists can work with you to perform manual therapy and rehabilitative exercises that can help improve mobility, strength, and flexibility.
- Class IV Laser Therapy: This therapy uses low-level lasers to reduce inflammation and pain in the affected area, which can promote healing.
- Athletic Taping (Kineso Tape): Our therapists can apply Kineso Tape to the affected area to provide additional support and promote healing.
- Acupuncture: Our experienced providers can use acupuncture to relieve elbow pain and promote healing.
- Pain Management Techniques: Joint injections can be used to reduce inflammation and elbow pain which can help improve mobility and quality of life.
Our goal is to help you return to your previous activities and alleviate your elbow pain. Don’t let elbow pain hold you back. Schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable and experienced providers today!
Call Today: 732-290-4920