Are you suffering from hand pain and wrist pain? This condition can affect various structures in the area, including tendons, muscles, bones, nerves, and ligaments, making it difficult to perform everyday activities. At our clinic, our Occupational and Physical Therapists have years of experience treating upper extremity conditions, helping patients return to their daily routines pain-free.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Common causes of hand pain and wrist pain include fractures, arthritis, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, overuse injuries, and sprains/strains.
- Symptoms of hand and wrist pain can include pain, swelling, stiffness, difficulty gripping or grasping, or numbness/tingling.
- It’s essential to get a proper diagnosis. Our experienced providers will evaluate your pain, range of motion, strength, location of pain, and use orthopedic testing to guide their evaluation. They may also refer you for additional testing, such as X-rays, MRIs, or pain management referrals.
Once you receive a diagnosis, our team will create a customized treatment plan that may include:
- Custom splinting to support your wrist and hand.
- Manual therapy and rehabilitative exercises to improve your mobility and strength.
- Class IV Laser therapy to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Kineso tape to support your wrist and hand and promote healing.
- Heat/ice therapy to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Acupuncture to alleviate pain and promote healing.
- Pain management techniques such as joint injections.
Don’t let hand pain and wrist pain interfere with your daily life. Schedule an appointment with our knowledgeable and experienced providers to get the care you need to return to your previous activities pain-free.
Call Today: 732-290-4920