Sports Injuries & Getting You Back On The Field:
Participating in sports, competitions, weight training, or other fitness activities can increase the risk of sports injuries. Poor training methods and lack of conditioning are some of the main causes of sports injuries. Coping with a sports injury often requires the assistance of a physical therapist who can help people rebuild strength and movement in the affected body part after an injury. Physical therapy can also help manage pain and prevent recurring issues.
Chiropractic treatment can also be beneficial in treating sports injuries, particularly spinal injuries. At Health and Fitness Professionals, we offer multiple treatment options for sports injuries, and our therapists work together to develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to each patient’s individual needs.
Treatment Program for Sports Injuries:
As part of the treatment program, our therapists will conduct a thorough examination to identify weak or inflexible muscles in the body that may increase the risk of future injuries. Every sport carries its own unique risks, which is why our therapists conduct a movement screen that analyzes the biomechanics of each athlete. This allows us to develop an individualized treatment for sports injuries for each patient that enables them to safely return to their athletic activities without limitations.
In addition to physical therapy and chiropractic treatment, we also offer education and guidance on injury prevention and proper training techniques. Our goal is to not only help patients recover from sports related injuries but also to help them minimize the risk of future injuries and optimize their athletic performance. By working with our team of experienced therapists, patients can achieve their goals and get back to doing what they love.
How we make a difference:
- A comprehensive approach: By having a team of healthcare professionals from different specialties, such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, and acupuncturists the clinic can provide a more comprehensive approach to treating all types of sports injuries.
- Coordination of care: The healthcare professionals in the clinic will work together to coordinate the patient’s care, ensuring that all aspects of the injury are being addressed.
- Faster recovery: With a multi-disciplinary approach, the patient can receive treatment for their sports related injury sooner, which can lead to a faster recovery.
- Reduced cost: With all the healthcare professionals needed for the treatment are in one place, it can reduce the number of appointments and cost of the treatment.
- Return to sport: The clinic can help the patient return to sport safely and quickly by providing a customized rehabilitation program, and sport-specific exercises.
- Injury prevention: A multidisciplinary healthcare clinic can also help prevent future sports injuries by identifying and addressing any underlying issues that may have contributed to the injury, such as muscle imbalances or poor posture.
Visit one of our locations today to get the best possible treatment for your sports injuries.BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Call Today: 732-290-4920